Thursday, December 30, 2010

Status update

Currently I am in a holding pattern waiting on parts.  The Chard has continued to grow but is looking pretty bad.   The leaves are growing but it is still sick looking.  Later this week I should be receiving professionally made circuit boards from BatchPCB.com.  No more point to point wiring to deal with.  Also a order for blue LEDs has been placed with SuperBrightLeds.com.  I am trying their blue 15 degrees RL5-B5515 5500mcd LEDs.  Hopefully they will be in by weeks end also.  Other changes I may make is to use a 12 volt DC Radio Shack power supply.  The 12 volt AC toy train transformer is under suspicion for burning out the blue LEDs.  I did multimeter it and it is reading 12.2 volts after the bridge rectifier.  I am interested to see what the new array will do.  I may also build another bubble bucket if I have enough red, orange and blue LEDs for two arrays.  It would be interesting to see a commercial nutrient solution vs my 'solution'.  This blog is called Hydroponics Experimenter for a reason.  Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment