Thursday, January 12, 2012

Here we grow again.

It has been a year since I took a break from hydroponics. Now it is time to start again. Things have been learned from my failure. First use proper nutrient solution made for hydroponics. Trying to take Miracle Gro and add micronutrients does not work. Second use a light source made for growing. Three start the plants right. That means soaking the rockwool cube for 30-60 minutes in a 5.5 ph balanced water. For my cubes I used tap water which was a ph of over 7. In order to lower it lemon juice was added until the water was at 5.5ph. Roma tomato seeds were added and then the cubes were placed into a ziplock bag. It was not sealed, a small gap for air was left. Hopefully in 3-10 days I will have seedlings. Only one is needed but the other 2 will not goto waste.


Photobucket

1 comment: